Full details of the LGFA Injury Fund and claim forms can be found here.
Some of the injury fund details are listed below:
What are the Benefits of the Scheme?
The fund will pay out the following amounts, once all relevant paperwork & prior approval has been received.
- Medical Expenses – €5,500, which includes GP Visits, Physio (6 Sessions @ 90%), MRI’s, Consultant Visits & Surgery (once prior approved)
- Dental Expenses – €3,000
- Loss of Wages – A maximum €200 per week for a max of 20 weeks. Applies to all adult members but if you’re a juvenile with a part time job, you must pay the adult rate in order to qualify
How can I make a claim?
In order to claim for the benefits above, you must
- Submit a Preliminary Claim Form within 8 weeks of getting injured regardless if it’s serious or not, available on our website and it must be signed by all relevant parties, as per the form.
- Private treatment (i.e. MRI’s, Consultant visits & Surgery) must be prior approved in order for us to reimburse you.
- Physio & GP visits are not considered private treatment, and will be refunded once you have submitted your Preliminary Claim Form within 8 weeks of the date of injury. (Physiotherapy is required to be carried out by individuals with an appropriate third level qualification).
- Dental Treatment is not considered private but you must submit a report from your dentist once you have been assessed.
- Once you have completed all your treatment, you must then submit the Full Claim Form, along with all your paid original receipts (no photocopies) to Amy Coll, LGFA, Croke Park, Dublin 3
- To claim for loss of wages;
- Your employer sign & stamp your Full Claim Form and
- Submit your last 4 payslips and
- Submit a statement of any social welfare payments.
- Medical Cert from your GP
- Claims will be checked and verified. You have one year from date of injury to activate the claim and two years to complete claim process.
- A cheque will be issued to the player/guardian. No third party cheques will be issued.